I am so very appalled with netizens. Why so? It is because of the most recent ferrari crash incident. I was reading articles on the Temasek Times and read that a PRC new citizen actually blamed the cab driver for the accident. The news has said it all, whose fault it is, everyone knows. Trying to speak up for your fellow men? Please look and get facts right. All I can say is, no one can look out for a speeding car and avoid it at the instant.
Why am I so unhappy about this is because my junior, my friend, is the son of the taxi driver. Lives are lost. They are still mourning. Why give comments that hurt others? The fault is indeed with the ferarri driver. But like what my mum says, he is drunk, he may not even know what he was doing. He is young, rich, with a pregnant wife and child. He is young, rich, and everything but I dont think it gives the media a right to victimise him. If it was a normal working person, driving a normal car, speeding down the road, crashing into the taxi, killing 3 people, I believe the headlines will be 'Reckless Driver crashes into taxi, killing 3'. He is rich. He has a lot of money. Sell away his condo, sell away his BMW, his family still has money to get by. How about the taxi driver? He has a family, he is the sole breadwinner, he has no insurance. All in all, who is worse off?
From the news, the ferarri driver's family has not contacted my friend's family. They are also mourning, so i supposed some time should be given to them before they get themselves together and perhaps liang xin fa xian and contact my friend. If not, I guess, they are just being selfish.