After a 10-year gap, I went to watch an NDP rehearsal. Well, this time it is at Marina Bay floating platform instead of the past at kallang? padang? haha i dont even remember.
Compared to previous years, the NDP has been becoming more and more modernised, having more and more hip stuff inside. I was like thinking 'like that also can ah?' when the UGs marched in with the ah boys to men song played. Shouldnt it be more formal? But whatever la, goverment never say cannot, so okay lor. hahaha. Even merlion can swim over to the platform liao.
The standard of the performances, though more hip, but some were really cool and impressive. With the passing years, ideas are getting more and more creative, hence the coolness. But sadly, seems like the creativeness for the new songs aren't that good huh. Songs like Home, Where I belong, One people One nation, and many many older songs have so much meaning and they sound so nice. Why keep going wooh ohoh wooh? Sorry, no offence. I'm not a composer, I'm not a musician, but at least I know what is good and what is not.
Okay, enough of my negative feedbacks. Im not in much position to say so much. Later tio flame say: say so much, you compose one la! ooops.
Highlight of the whole event: LIGHTING UP THE SKIES! yeap, as you can infer, its the FIREWORKS! They go booooom! then piak piak piak piak! hahahahaha. okay more of boooooom the boom boom boom boom. My description not that good, but you understand can already. Fireworks don't look that nice in cameras compared to seeing it up real. Or probably the phone couldnt focus well cos its already dark at night. Let me post up a few nice ones: