Sunday, December 08, 2013
In exactly 2 weeks from now, i'll be back at home. Yes, home. The place that i have not stepped into for the past 14 weeks. And in 14 days, its home sweet home baby.
Being on exchange here certainly has it ups and down. It is fun, I cant deny, but I'm not exactly happy in here. Given a choice, i probably wouldnt do it again. Its tough here. I am a person who treasures my family alot. I love being around them. Even if they upset me sometimes, hey dude, we are a family. We dont fall out. So word of advice, if you are a person who cant stand being apart from your family, dont go on exchange. Unless you are rich enough to fly back home regularly.
But no matter how much I wanted to return to singapore, I got to stay. The schedule just didnt really allow me to fly back. Exams, assignments, blah blah blah. Just hits you. Suck up and stay. You will go home eventually anyway right? At the same time, being away from my family so long, I have slowly gotten used to it. Its time to be independent. Look, the floor is dirty, clean it. Hey, Im out of clothes, do the laundry. Oh, its time for lunch/dinner, go cook something. It is just steps to learn how to do everything myself so that next time, when I have my own family and house of my own, I can do all those with a breeze.
Whats most needed besides my family, are great friends here in this faraway place. I came here with 2 friends, I am going back with many friends. We all differ in our tastes, our styles, our lives, but we still can have fun and chill out together. I am thankful to be able to make such great friends here. Definitely looking forward to meeting them back in singapore again!
Personally, I am still me after this exchange. Just that, perhaps I have got to do things the meaner way. When something pisses me off, I am always like okay I am so angry, but then again, I complain to others, then let it go. But nothing is solved. Why? Cos that something that pisses me off, repeats. Over. Over. And over again. Perhaps its something so minor that isnt worth any time to become really mad at. But imagine, you got a scratch on your hand, already bleeding and something is jabbing slowly and painfully again and again and again. Wouldnt it get worse? That aside, I am still looking for a way to shield that scratch from the jabs because I cannot push the jabbing thing away. I respect the fact that others are doing things that they thing are perfectly fine and alright because this is what they grew up with. I didnt grow up with it, I wont grow into it, but I wont condemn it completely even if its really a pain in the neck. For now, its do unto others what want others to do unto you. Whatever way I felt I was being treated, its the same way back. I am sick and tired of giving in.
7:12 PM ; smile?